On Halloween 2010, our adorable little girl Rylan finally came into the world. As we already knew from our ultrasounds, Rylan was born with a unilateral cleft lip and alveolar ridge. This site was created to follow her journey from one beautiful smile to a brand new beautiful smile.
Surgery Information
I called Dr. Morrissey's office this morning to see if he was back from his "trip" yet and to ask a few questions about the surgery. He won't be back till the middle of next week, but his very helpful secretary was there. I found out that Rylan's surgery will last about 90 minutes, not including the prep hour before hand. She will not be considered an overnight patient, but will be staying at the hospital for 23 hours so she will be there overnight. I wasn't sure if that would be the case or not, but it makes me feel good to know that the doctors will be there to keep an eye on her progress after the surgery. I also asked about when she has to stop eating the night before the surgery. The secretary said it is typically midnight but she would call the anesthesia department and get a definite answer since I've read that breast milk digests faster and can be consumed up to 4 hours before surgery. I feel a little bit more prepared and a little bit more nervous now that I have this information. The surgery will be here before I know it. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would have never thought breast milk would metabolize fast, good thinking to ask. Hopes and prayers for you and Rylan.
ReplyDeleteYeah, but unfortunately they still want me to do the last feeding at midnight. Here's to hoping she sleeps through the night and doesn't wake up and want an early morning feeding.
ReplyDelete