Cancelled Appointment

I was all ready to take Rylan back to the surgeon for her final appointment tomorrow, but I received a phone call from the surgeon's office today and the appointment has to be cancelled.  Something came up in the doctor's personal life, so he must go out of town immediately and he will be gone for the next few weeks.  Her surgery is still a go for the 28th of February and if I have any questions, I can give his office a call.  I know that the plan was to make a final decision on surgery when he saw her tomorrow, but I have no doubt in my mind that it still would be happening because her lip has not changed since we saw him three weeks ago.  I am a little disappointed because I would have liked to just chat with him about the surgery and what to expect, but I'm sure he will go over any specifics that morning before the surgery begins.  Plus I can always call if I think of anything specific I want to know.   I do plan on calling the anesthesia department at the hospital to double check on how soon before surgery she is allowed to eat.  From what I've read, breast milk is safe up to 4 hours before surgery but I want to make sure.  

Now the waiting game begins...3 weeks and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment