I can't believe that in less than a month my little girl will be one! Wow did this year fly!
Since I haven't done a very good job of writing since school has started, here are some things that have been going on recently:
1) Rylan just got her sixth tooth. It is on the bottom left. The top tooth on the cleft side never came in and I'm assuming it won't since its "partner" tooth has been there for months and she is now getting the next set on the bottom. I'm certainly not surprised by this and know we have a long rode ahead of us with the orthodontist and oral surgeon.
2) Rylan can now climb stairs and is very good at it. Since we don't have stairs in our house, she has never really tried them. This weekend we were at her aunt and uncles house and she went right up them without any problem.
3) Her first word is now officially "mama". She sure knows how to put a smile on Mommy's face!
4) She has taken 5 steps by herself at one time. Most of the time it is just 1 or 2 and then she falls, but we're making progress. She is very good at standing up without using anything for assistance and will hopefully be a decent walker by her birthday party.
5) Rylan recently found some pacifiers in a basket in the room and she really likes them. Looks like we will have the only 1 year old to become addicted to a pacifier.
Here are some pics and videos from the last few weeks. Isn't she getting so old?
I love the walking and dancing video!!! :) I can't believe how big she's getting. She's officially a better walker than Mia... SIGH! I seriously wonder if she's EVER going to walk. Oh, and I love, love, LOVE her pumpkin jammies!!!
ReplyDeleteLove it, love it…LOVE HER! The video is great!
ReplyDeleteShe's really "rocking".. looks like she’s got a bit of rhythm in her!
For some reason it reminds me of the song "Pinball Wizard". OK , showing my age.
I can’t wait to see her again, and of course her Mommy and Daddy! J