On Halloween 2010, our adorable little girl Rylan finally came into the world. As we already knew from our ultrasounds, Rylan was born with a unilateral cleft lip and alveolar ridge. This site was created to follow her journey from one beautiful smile to a brand new beautiful smile.
Surviving Daycare
It has been three days and Rylan and I are both surviving her being in school. The first day went pretty well, but then yesterday she was really fussy. They called me because they thought she might have an ear infection (she was grabbing her ear and screaming) but then last night she never touched her ear once and was fine. Maybe a tooth is coming in or she was just in a bad mood. I gave her some Motrin this morning, just in case, and she seemed to have another good day. Apparently she doesn't really like when the other kids get in her space, but loves all of the new toys. I like going every day and getting her little report card of what they did. This week is called "Farewell Friends" and they are working on waving good bye, so all of the activities and books focus on leaving or saying good bye. It is really cute. We even got her first art project, a little stuffed snake covered in paint dots. How you get a 9 month old to put paint on anything is beyond me, but it is still cute even if she didn't do much. I am feeling more comfortable as each day goes and I hope she is feeling the same way. At least she doesn't cry when I bring her in the morning, so it must not be too bad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How fun to hear about Rylan's time at daycare! I hope you continue to post on things they do to give me some ideas on things to do with Mia! :) So glad that you are both doing good with the adjustment. I can only imagine your worry leading up to the "big day" when you had to first drop her off. So glad things are going great! :) Yay mama and yay Rylan!!!
ReplyDelete