Surgeon Appointment

We went to see Dr. Morrissey yesterday and it looks like Rylan's lip is healed enough to go ahead with the final repair. Although the lip adhesion was unsuccessful, he felt that it did help her nose which I can see too.  Surgery will be sometime in the middle to end of May.  They just need to check with the hospital to get an open operating room and they will let me know the date.  This surgery will take at least 3 hours, but she will still be able to go home with us the same day as long as everything goes well.  I certainly wasn't happy about the lip adhesion, but at least I feel calm for this surgery because I know what to expect.  Only a month left of this adorable face the way it is so I better get the camera out and start taking as many pictures as possible.  Here's one of my favorite recent ones:

No comments:

Post a Comment