Worst Fear Realized

So apparently the odds weren't in our favor.  Dr. Morrissey said that there was a 20% chance the lip adhesion wouldn't hold and it looks like we are in that 20%.  Everyday it looked like her cleft was reappearing just a little bit more, but I was holding out hope that the part under the tape was still intact.  Well this morning when we gave her a bath her tape came loose and when we took it off, there was her gum, just like before.  I know that there is nothing we could have done and that the tension on the lip is just so strong because the cleft is wide, but I feel horrible.  I am going to give the surgeon a call on Monday but I know there is nothing we can do at this point but wait for it to heal and try again.  

On a positive note, Rylan is certainly back to herself during the day.  Nighttime is a whole different story.  She is still frequently waking up and the only time she really seems to get much sleep is in her car seat.  This is a completely different picture from the little girl who would sleep through the night just a week ago.  

She is currently taking a nap in her car seat, since she is probably still exhausted.  She is wearing her "Tough Cookie" onesie from her Aunt Kim and Grandmom and I think that phrase says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment